Sunday, February 15, 2009

tables

I think
Today is the first day of spring
I don’t know why,
Things just feel different
But in a good way;
I am content. 

I realize it’s still February
But I’m done with February
I’m boycotting it
Fuck February, 
It’s March, man
& it’s going to be march for the next forty-five days
you down?


Good. 




I woke up really early this morning 
6:50 to be exact, 
From a dream about tables
I can’t remember most of the details
Just this:

“a table 
is only as good 
as the people 
you let sit around it”



which is actually kind of profound
even if it’s really odd. 







after that
I couldn’t fall back asleep, 
So I went out for a cigarette

It was beautiful 
There was no noise
Except for the birds
The sky was blue
There were still traces of sunrise in the clouds
And no one was out. 
I felt like I was the only person alive
It was a beautiful moment
It was private
shared by no one.
And it was mine. 















It’s very likely that I’m still drunk right now. 
But I think I’m going to get ready for the day. 




















“February. Get ink, shed tears.
Write of it, sob your heart out, sing,
While torrential slush that roars
Burns in the blackness of the spring.”

No comments:

Post a Comment